Becoming parents brings rapid change to the dynamics of an intimate partner relationship. What was once a twosome expands to accommodate another love - your baby. It is a time of growth and taking on new roles for both parents. It is likely there are changes to sleep, hormones, available time, lifestyle and finances which all impact how each person behaves and responds to the other.
One thing your baby wants, but is very rarely talked about in baby care books, is happy parents. Looking after your relationship is looking after yourself and gives your baby a strong foundation in which to thrive.
CEA has teamed up with Darwin based Relationship Coach Rachel Jakobi to bring you some practical tools to nurture your relationship.
Although we have set it up as a baby friendly space this workshop is suitable for any parent at any stage of their parenting journey. Parents with older children are also encouraged to attend as the material remains relevant.
Topics Covered Include
- How to deepen your understanding of one another in order to improve communication, including:
- The dance of the masculine and feminine energies
- Love languages
- Core needs
- Techniques for working with conflict
- Sharing the challenges (a new identity and matrescence)
- Team Building
- The mindset of working as a team with your partner towards common values and goals
- the practicalities of working as a team
- The Importance of Self-Care
- Stress management techniques (EFT Tapping)
- Self-soothing (through visualisation and affirmations)
- How to set common values and goals for parenting
- Learn a beautiful connection exercise that you can take home and share with your family
Rachel Jakobi is a Darwin based relationship coach. She works by identifying stresses on any relationship (partner, friends, parents, colleagues, even yourself) and then devising strategies to manage, reduce or eliminate those stresses.
June 9th 2021, 9:30am to 11:30am
CEA Office, Nightcliff Community Centre
$45 per adult (baby's are welcome)